word 8 : appropriate
1. suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, or occasion.
2. belonging to or peculiar to a person; proper.
1. to set apart, authorize, or legislate for some specific purpose or use.
2. to take to or for oneself; take possession of.
3. to take without consent; seize; expropriate.
4. to take possession of by force, as after an invasion.
5. to take possession of or make use of exclusively for oneself, often without permission.
see also: people's palace, people's choice