word 3 : renew
wilhelm sasnal, untitled, 2001
1. to begin or take up again; recommence.
2. to make effective for an additional period.
3. to restore or replenish.
4. to revive; reestablish.
5. to recover (youth, strength, etc).
6. to restore to a former state; make new or as if new again.
7. to repeat so as to reaffirm.
synonyms: re-create, rejuvenate, regenerate, reinstate, mend.
1. the conversion of wasteland into land suitable for use of habitation or cultivation.
1. the rehabilitation of impoverished city areas by renovating or replacing dilapidated buildings with new housing, public buildings, parks, roadways, industrial areas, etc., often in accordance with comprehensive plans.
2. the clearing and rebuilding and redevelopment of urban slums.
3. government-sponsored destruction...