word 5 : periphery
todd cole, la brea avenue at i-10 los angeles, california, 2002
1. a line that forms the boundary of an area; a perimeter.
2. the outermost part or region within a precise boundary.
3. a zone constituting an imprecise boundary.
4. the external surface of a body.
5. the edge or outskirts, as of a city or urban area.
6. the relatively minor, irrelevant, or superficial aspects of the subject in question.
7. (anatomy) the area in which nerves end.
1. pertaining to, situated in, or constituting the periphery.
2. concerned with relatively minor, irrelevant, or superficial aspects of the subject in question.
1. (computers)a device or unit that operates separately from the CPU but is connected to it.